Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In Rome

I've been in Rome now for almost two days. So far its been really great. My first plane ride alone wasn't too bad, I met some other Temple students who were also Rome-bound (despite the heavy Syracuse presence). Long plane rides never really bothered me, reading, sudoku, even a little drawing:
We arrived, and the fellow temple students and I stuck together, got our luggage, and were driven to "The Residence" were I and the rest of Temple Rome's students are staying. The appartment isn't much, but it fits me and my other two roomates (Jeremy and Col) and is very cold. (prompting this picture)
But so far, the 30 minute walk to campus isn't too bad. There's a lot of bars (as in tiny cafe-like shops that have snacks) on the way as well as the market, featuring many booths of fresh Italian veggies, fruit, cheese, bakeries, meat, everything good. Campus itself is rather reminiscent of the old Tyler School of Art at Elkins park as far as renovated old buildings for Temple's schools go. Tomorrow they're taking students out into the city on mini staff/students-who-were-here-in-the fall hosted tours, and I plan on going, since it's really rainy and bland today. We (roomates and I) did stop off at the market to buy some break-fast stuff for tomorrow today, on the way home from the Orientation. I'll be posting more pictures and maybe sketches later, but for now it's time for a nap and some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment