Thursday, January 14, 2010

Photopost: The Room

Well, I've survived Rome for three and a half days. Classes still haven't started, so we've been able to get out and see a lot. So for this first week, I'll try to post something everyday, but once classes start up, I'll try for once a week / whenever I feel like it.

So in my first Photopost, I shall show off our humble living quarters for the next 4 months.
We (that would be me and my two roomates Jeremy and Cal), are in "The Residence", the typical housing complex Temple Rome uses for it's students. It's not all bad, but you can judge for yourself:

This is what you see when you walk in, nothing major: a small kitchenette and rather spacious living room. Of course more space also means more space to heat, which apparently is not a priority here at The Residence. (I'd also like to add that we all agree that these shots make the room look A LOT better than it actually is...)





Next is the obnoxiously large bathroom, complete with a shower/tub, sink, toilet, and the legendary "bidet". (aka a sink for the tush) Where the room lacks in heat, it makes up in hot water. And by hot water I mean "an uncontrollable stream of boiling, liquid fire". But once you note that "C" indicates "caldo" for hot, and get used to the shower's EXTREMELY sensitive nature, it's not bad at all.

Last, and probably least, is our sleeping room. As you can see we have to put up with
some bunk action (I got bottom), and a floor-to ceiling, double-door, two-sectioned, closet with extremely shallow drawers. But so far we've been able to handle the challenge, since apprently we're "lucky" to have a bunk bed that Temple Rome convinced The Residence to purchase for their rooms (as opposed to sentencing a roomate to the couch/bed.) Whatever.



That about takes care of The Residence for now. I'll try to get the 90+ photos from today's excursions about Rome organized for a post tomorrow. Until then, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment